Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Community is ...

By Nicole Milne
Creativity + Social Change
University of Connecticut


I chose this tree to depict "Community is ..." because it shows that there are many things that hold a community together that are below the surface. For me, I really enjoy where we have chosen to raise our family. We have a great neighborhood that is always there to lend a hand, and help out whatever family needs it. With that kind of togetherness we end up flourishing in our lives together. We all work together for the greater good and that is what I feel my community is.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you didn't specify a single metaphor for this project, rather an embodiment of many. It takes many variables and components to create a successful community, and I believe that your post describes just that. Community is created of many parts to achieve a whole. Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the idea that a community is made up of many different elements. All of these things are the roots that contribute to the development of a community. I cannot come up with one word to describe a community because there are so many factors that contribute to it. A community is comprised of mny different elements that are needed in order for it to be a successful one.

    ReplyDelete